Saturday, May 02, 2020

Lockdown

It's hard to say whether I feel more like
Naranathu Bhranthan, that is Kerala's own Sisyphus,
or the blokes who waited for Godot.
Well, I don't even know what they really felt like.

All I know is it's absurd
My life, my deeds, my thoughts
All shrunk into four rooms and four screens -- 
the score is even if you keep the balcony out.

Balcony is the other world,
My stage and my gallery
In the real world of absurd theatre
Where I become we and the show never ends.

You and I, we act and watch the same play
On all the balconies all the time
We see slight improvisation sometimes
But you know it doesn't make a difference.

Nothing does. It wouldn't matter 
Whether you expect a change,
Or accept it'll be the same,
But imagine you're happy. That may help.



April 2020

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Outstanding!! Pictures popping out of every sentence

Liji said...

We are just the lifeless props on nature's stage right now.